Ayurvedic Therapies, Preparatory treatments,[Samana Therapies in Panchakarma].
- Abhyanga Massage This therapy starts with a head massage and then the therapist uses long massage strokes running down the bodies energy lines. Abhyanga massage is highly effective and rejuvenating.
- Siro Abhyanga Head massage to treat headaches, face and hair and sleep health.
- Ear Basti Filling the ear with medicated oil to treat earaches, tinnitus, and burning sensation of the feet etc.
- Foot Massage The soles of the feet are closely associated with the eyes and ears. Foot massage can help with sleep and eye problems and other conditions.
- Pizhichil ( Prichill)– Warm medicated oil poured over the body according to a prescribed procedure, used to treat diseases which cause impairment of the functioning of the nervous system and the musculo – skeletal system.
- Shirodhara – medicated decoctions or oil rhythmically poured across the forehead. We use this treatment for migraines and headaches. We also use it in the treatment of nervous system disorders, i.e. strokes and M.S, Parkinsons. It is also a very effective treatment for depression and anxiety.
- Navarri Kirri – is a process by which the whole body or part of it is treated by the application of a very warm medicated herbal bolus.
- Ella Kirri – medical leaf based herbal bolus applied to the whole body or part of it, which relieves inflammation and pain.